1) Kitchen/Dining Room
Depending on how your apartment is arranged, the essential items you would need for either room are:
- Pots & Pans.
- Utensils (Knives, Forks, Spoons).
- Plates & Saucers.
- Drinking Glasses & Coffee Mugs.
- A cutting (Avoid the plastic ones).
- Dish clothes.
- Dish sponge.
- Kitchen paper towels.
- Bin (Trash Can).
- Tin foil (aluminum) & Wax paper
If you have a dining room as well, a dining table would also be an item on the list.
Essential items you would need for the bathroom are:
- Toilet Paper
- Bath mat
- Toilet Brush
- Small bin
- Air Freshener
- Toothbrush & Mouth Wash
- A Family Pack Toothbrush Set.
Essential items you would need for your bedroom are:
- A Matress and a Base
- A Matress protector, a Comforter and Bed sheets
- A Night Stand
- Clothes Hanger
- Clothes Hanger
- A Laundry Basket
- A Lamp (if necessary)
4) Living Room
Essential items you would need for your living room are:
- A Couch
- A Tv
- Tv stand (If you are not going to mount it)
- A Side Table
- A Coffee Table
5) General Cleaning Products
Essential items you would need to do general cleaning are:
- Bin Packets (Trash bags)
- Dust Pan And a Brush
- Mop (Microfibers are the best)
- A Broom (Soft bristles)
- A Vacuum (sometimes its easier to use this than a broom, even on tiles)
- Detergents (household products for all rooms)
- Emergency Kit
Do you want to know how often you should be cleaning certain rooms and items? Check out the post on How Often Should You Be Cleaning in Your House?
6) Basic First Aid Medicine
Essential items you would need to have in your medicine cabinet:
- Anti-Diarrhoeals (For Diarrhea)
- Anti-Emetics (For Nausea & Vomiting)
- Spasmolytics (For Stomach Cramps)
- Muscle Relaxants
- Paracetamol (For Pain & Fever)
- Oral Anti-Histamine (For Allergies & Sinus)
- Topical Anti-Histamine or Hydrocortisone (For Skin Allergies & Insect Bites)
Essential miscellaneous items you would need to have:
- Flash Light
- Buff Tape
- Tool Box (Basic Screw Driver Set, A Hammer & A Pliers)
You can download a FREE copy of a check list. The check list covers all the basic items you would need. Click on the Download button to download the PDF.